Saturday, February 9, 2008

First week as a CNM

It was my first week with my midwifery practice. So far so, good, but I honestly haven't had to do a lot of caring for clients yet. I still have a number of things to do before being fully credentialed at the hospital. Certain classes about billing and coding, conscious sedation (huh??) and malpractice insurance. The good news is that the state Board of Nursing finally has recognized my license. It won't be long now.
I am loving working with the CNM's I am working with. They are all brilliant women at different levels of experience, and in their lives who care deeply about the midwifery philosophy and the families to whom they provide care. I am lucky new midwife.
I spent some time on Labor and Delivery yesterday. I forgot how much I'd missed being there. Even though I couldn't really touch anyone it felt completely like I belonged right there. Looking forward to next week. Love it.

But for today..... it's a house filled with 10 year old. One of the beans is having a birthday today. A slumber party and all that entails awaits.

No comments: