Saturday, May 3, 2008

Long time no post....

I am a crazy lady at work. This week I was on L and D for 4 days in a concerted effort to get oriented quickly. Most of the time it was very positive, but I did have one whopper of a nightmare of a birth. I won't get into it in a post due to my observance of HIPPA regulations, but suffice it to say, it made me question my career choice. I am getting over it however . I was back there yesterday and the absolutely amazing women I work with were fantastically supportive. Word on the street is that as a new grad midwife in this type of institution I am likely to feel incompetent for about a year. Good times.
My colleagues had a "Welcome to the Practice" party this week as well. Very fun. Very sweet.
Girls are both wicked sick. Chloe has bilateral ear infections that kept her home one day last week. Amelia wound up in the ER last night with a flu so bad she needed to be rehydrated. Poor babies.
Guinness is getting bigger and more terrible every day. You know the dog from the Simpsons, Santa's Little Helper? That's Guinness.

No comments: