Sunday, August 10, 2008

Change in status

Here is an example of what happens when you get older and fatter.

When I was a 24 year old sweet young thing with a tight little size 6 tush, pounding the pavement of NYC, I used to be approached by and flirted with by Wall Street Stock Brokers, lawyers, actors etc. And of course the ever present NYC construction worker. No more, my friends...

On Thursday I finished work and walked outside of my clinic toward my car to head home. This clinic is not in a great neighborhood and provides care to the under served of Baltimore. You get the gist. I inadvertently stepped in front of a man who had just acquired his lunch and apparently couldn't wait to get started on his fried lake trout sandwich. I excused myself, having stepped in front of his likely 300lb frame mid stride. He was wearing not the stock brokers business suit, but rather jeans that rode down to mid gluts, a wife beater t shirt that was short enough to allow me the pleasure of seeing his abdominal panus hang nearly to the level of the jeans. After letting me know this was not a problem for him (It ain't no thing, baby)he grinned, and stated emphatically: "It sure is a fine thing to see a REAL lady up in here. A FINE thing." The best part of all was that I had the pleasure of watching the lake trout being broken down in his mouth by the amylase in his saliva as he made this statement mid chew. Smacking. Swirling. Lake Trout. Very appealing.
Goodbye youth.

No comments: