Sunday, August 10, 2008

My best friends

The Goodwill and the city dump. These are my best friends this weekend. We are in the midst of packing hell and let me tell you, it is incredible the amount of unadulterated crap one can acquire over four years with young children. This is compounded in our case because when we moved from NY to B'More we stored boxes full of more crap for the time when we would buy our own house again. Well guess where they all went yesterday after not being open for four years. That's right. My two best friends. Goodwill and the dump. I think five trips in all. Today is more packing/tossing.

I also met one of our soon to be new neighbors yesterday. A very elderly, very adorable seemingly frail little old lady named Betty with a mighty firm handshake for someone who can't weigh more than 98 lbs soaking wet. We were over at the house doing a "drive by" (equals the Wrights stalking their new house) and she was in her doorway across the street peeking out at us curiously so we went and said hi. I think she may have cats. Many cats.

If all goes well with the tossing and packing today, the reward will be a concert n Patterson Park of Irish Music.

No comments: